Pick up from the Hotel
Contact us For Booking : Contact Us
It is an absolute and must for everyone who is visiting Dhofar, that you visit Rub Al Khali -The Empty Quarter extraordinary and impressive memory to share with your family and friends back home.
The trip to the desert
Your journey will start in afternoon with Arabian Seasons tour.The first destination will be the Reserve for frankincense trees in Wadi Dawkah. The park is about 40 KM from the city center and it has been registered by theUNESCO as one of the World Heritage Sites. Here you will be which the biggest collection of the naturally grown Frankincense trees in the regions you never seen .
The second stop will be at the town of Thumrait, where we will have a short break before proceeding to the most important archaeological site in the desert of the Empty Quarter ,Rub’ al Khali (Wubar). This site used to be an important station for the caravans, providing water and supplies to all the convoys directed to the north of Oman (Al Buraimi Oasis), to Saudi Arabia and to Hadramout , in Yemen. The site of Wubar dates back to the Iron Age period and there you can visit the ancient fortress with defensive wall,A defensive tower and a water well. A new info centre for the tourists will provide information and facilities.
At the third station we’ll stop to take pictures with camels and finally we’ll enter to the desert to enjoy the sunset in al kathaf or al hashman dunes .
We will take our evening meal at the camp where we can watch some Dhofari traditional dances.
The next morning you will watch the sunrise and go back to the hotel.
You can also spend more than one night in the desert of the Empty Quarter going to Ramlat Jadaylah, the highest sand dunes in the world, as well as watching the Sulfur Lake and stopping at the Triliths stones. We will reach the borders of Saudi Arabia and return through the areas of Western &Northern Dhofar.
FACTS AND FIGURES OF THE OVERNIGHT CAMPING IN THE EMPTY QUARTER
Total Duration: Approximately 2 days and 1 night.
Distance: 240km one way
Info and Statistics
- This tour involves walking over rough, uneven and inclined, lumpy ground.
- Stay overnight is in the simple tents at the camp.
- Guests should wear comfortable clothes.
- Avoid jewellery and use of expensive or valuable items.
- Avoid using expensive watches and cell phones as there are no signals at the camps.
- No entry fees is required at the places of visits.
- This tour can be extended to overnight camping with 2 or 3 nights.
- This tour is unsuitable for those with injuries, wounds or physical challenges as it may be affected by the lumpy bumpy ride.
- Pregnant women may not participate.
Routes: Departure from Salalah – Thumrait – Wubar/Shisr – Hashman –Wubar/ Shisr – Thumrait – Salalah back.
- Lost City -Wubar/Shisr/ UNESCO World heritage site
- Sunset over the Rub Al Khali desert
- Overnight in the desert
- Dune bashing
- Wadi Dawka UNESCO World heritage site/Frankincense trees
- Salalah back
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Air conditioned 4×4 Vehicle wheel vehicle.
- English speaking Driver cum Guide.
- Overnight stay at the camp site including 2 times meal. (Dinner & Breakfast)
- Still drinking water on Board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Beverages other than water (with an exception at the camp site)
- Tips and gratuities expenses of personal nature